4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 cup sliced onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon hickory smoke flavor
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 to 8 slices provolone cheese
4 slices cooked bacon
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons hickory smoke flavoring
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vinegar
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the basil, garlic, 3 tablespoons smoke, wine, oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Mix together and stir well to blend. This will be the chicken marinade.
Transfer the chicken marinade to a medium sized Ziploc or plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts to the bag and seal. Marinate the chicken by shaking the bag to mix and coat the chicken. Allow the
chicken to soak and marinate for at least two hours, shaking occasionally.
While chicken is marinating, slice onions and mushrooms and cook the bacon. Saute mushrooms and onions in butter and hickory smoke flavor for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent but not brown, and mushrooms are tender.
After two hours, remove chicken from marinade, and grill for about 10 minutes. Take care not to overcook chicken. While the chicken is grilling, preheat the oven to a high broil.
After the chicken is done grilling, remove from the grill and place in a shallow baking dish. Cover each breast with a strip of bacon, then provolone cheese, and then some sautéed onions and mushrooms.
Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately from oven.
Makes 4 servings.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Moosewood Restaurant Sweet Potato and Black Bean B...
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread
- Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- Houston's Grilled Chicken Salad
- Starbuck's Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Golden Corral Rolls
- Chi-Chi's Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Panera Bread's French Bread Margherita Pizza
- Nobu's Green Tea Tiramisu
- Melting Pot's Green Goddess Dip
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Bahama Breeze Chicken Santiago
- McDonald's Yogurt Parfait
- Wendy's Chili
- Red Lobster's Spicy Pineapple Glazed Salmon
- Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Chili's Chicken Crispers
- Outback Steakhouse Marinade
- Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake
- Bennigan's Smothered Chicken
- Shoney's Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
- T.G.I. Friday Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Orange Peel Chicken
- Panda Express's Orange Flavored Chicken
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins
- Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Red Lobster's Maryland Crab Cakes
- Papa John's Garlic Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Hardee's Peach Cobbler
- Chili's Grill & Bar's Southwest Chicken Chili
- Klee Brasserie Restaurant's Spaghetti Carbonara
- Perkins Family Restaurant's Potato Pancakes
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Barbacoa Burrito
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bang-Bang Chicken & Shrim...
- Aquavit's Black Sea Bass en Papillote
- Benihana's Fried Rice
- Hudson River Cafe's Skirt Steak with Chimichurri S...
- Thunder Jackson's Spinach and Garlicky Chicken
- Bombay Palace's Chicken Madras
- ▼ May (40)