2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1 tablespoon chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
pinch of ground turmeric
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, finely ground
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 cups fully cooked shrimp
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
2 teaspoons water
Chopped scallion for garnish
Using a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken - about 5 minutes per side or until browned and no longer pink in the center. Remove to platter and set aside.
Using same pan, heat broth; add onion, garlic, cilantro, ginger, lemon peel, cumin and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender but not browned; stir in coconut milk, nuts, sugar, red pepper and shrimp.
Return the chicken to skillet, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is heated through; remove to platter and keep warm.
Using same pan (do not discard sauce) add tamarind paste and water previously mixed in small bowl. Bring to a gentle boil until thickened and mixture measure about 1 cup.
Cook and divide rice; evenly divide the chicken and shrimp among 4 plates. Top with sauce and garnish with scallion.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Moosewood Restaurant Sweet Potato and Black Bean B...
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread
- Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- Houston's Grilled Chicken Salad
- Starbuck's Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Golden Corral Rolls
- Chi-Chi's Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Panera Bread's French Bread Margherita Pizza
- Nobu's Green Tea Tiramisu
- Melting Pot's Green Goddess Dip
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Bahama Breeze Chicken Santiago
- McDonald's Yogurt Parfait
- Wendy's Chili
- Red Lobster's Spicy Pineapple Glazed Salmon
- Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Chili's Chicken Crispers
- Outback Steakhouse Marinade
- Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake
- Bennigan's Smothered Chicken
- Shoney's Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
- T.G.I. Friday Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Orange Peel Chicken
- Panda Express's Orange Flavored Chicken
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins
- Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Red Lobster's Maryland Crab Cakes
- Papa John's Garlic Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Hardee's Peach Cobbler
- Chili's Grill & Bar's Southwest Chicken Chili
- Klee Brasserie Restaurant's Spaghetti Carbonara
- Perkins Family Restaurant's Potato Pancakes
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Barbacoa Burrito
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bang-Bang Chicken & Shrim...
- Aquavit's Black Sea Bass en Papillote
- Benihana's Fried Rice
- Hudson River Cafe's Skirt Steak with Chimichurri S...
- Thunder Jackson's Spinach and Garlicky Chicken
- Bombay Palace's Chicken Madras
- ▼ May (40)