1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
2 cups bread flour, plus extra
2 cups wheat flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon caramel color (optional)
3 tablespoons cornmeal - for dusting
Whipped butter, for serving
1. Place all of the ingredients except the cornmeal and whipped butter in a bread machine and follow the manufacturer's directions. The dough will be a little on the wet side and sticky, but if it seems too wet, add more bread flour. When dough is done let it rise for 1 hour.
2. Remove from machine, punch down and divide into 8 portions. Form the portions into tubular-shaped loaves 6 to 8 inches long and 2 inches wide.
3. Sprinkle the entire surface of the loaves with the cornmeal and place the loaves on two cookie sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The internal temperature of a loaf of yeast bread when baked to perfection is 210 degrees F. Serve warm with whipped butter.
Makes 8 loaves
- ► 2012 (104)
- Moosewood Restaurant Sweet Potato and Black Bean B...
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread
- Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- Houston's Grilled Chicken Salad
- Starbuck's Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Golden Corral Rolls
- Chi-Chi's Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Panera Bread's French Bread Margherita Pizza
- Nobu's Green Tea Tiramisu
- Melting Pot's Green Goddess Dip
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Bahama Breeze Chicken Santiago
- McDonald's Yogurt Parfait
- Wendy's Chili
- Red Lobster's Spicy Pineapple Glazed Salmon
- Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Chili's Chicken Crispers
- Outback Steakhouse Marinade
- Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake
- Bennigan's Smothered Chicken
- Shoney's Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
- T.G.I. Friday Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Orange Peel Chicken
- Panda Express's Orange Flavored Chicken
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins
- Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Red Lobster's Maryland Crab Cakes
- Papa John's Garlic Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Hardee's Peach Cobbler
- Chili's Grill & Bar's Southwest Chicken Chili
- Klee Brasserie Restaurant's Spaghetti Carbonara
- Perkins Family Restaurant's Potato Pancakes
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Barbacoa Burrito
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bang-Bang Chicken & Shrim...
- Aquavit's Black Sea Bass en Papillote
- Benihana's Fried Rice
- Hudson River Cafe's Skirt Steak with Chimichurri S...
- Thunder Jackson's Spinach and Garlicky Chicken
- Bombay Palace's Chicken Madras
- ▼ May (40)