1 lb. chicken breast meat
1 egg white
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups vegetable oil to be used for frying
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 tablespoons chopped scallion
1. Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch cubes, set aside.
2. To make marinade - combine egg white, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir vigorously until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add chicken cubes to marinade and stir to coat well.
3. To make orange sauce - combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and sesame oil; stir and set aside. Place a pot over high heat. When pot is hot, add the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat. Add orange peel and scallion and stir for about 20 seconds, taking care not to burn the orange
4. Pour combined sauce ingredients into the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Preheat 4 cups oil to 350-375°F. Meanwhile, put marinated chicken in the plastic baggie containing the cornstarch. Shake chicken well for about 20 seconds or until chicken is covered with cornstarch. Shake off all excess cornstarch and fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown, approximately 2 1/2 minutes. Remove chicken from oil with a slotted spoon, drain well and set aside. Add fried chicken to pot with heated orange sauce, stir for about 30 seconds, then serve immediately.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Moosewood Restaurant Sweet Potato and Black Bean B...
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread
- Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- Houston's Grilled Chicken Salad
- Starbuck's Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Golden Corral Rolls
- Chi-Chi's Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Panera Bread's French Bread Margherita Pizza
- Nobu's Green Tea Tiramisu
- Melting Pot's Green Goddess Dip
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Bahama Breeze Chicken Santiago
- McDonald's Yogurt Parfait
- Wendy's Chili
- Red Lobster's Spicy Pineapple Glazed Salmon
- Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Chili's Chicken Crispers
- Outback Steakhouse Marinade
- Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake
- Bennigan's Smothered Chicken
- Shoney's Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
- T.G.I. Friday Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Orange Peel Chicken
- Panda Express's Orange Flavored Chicken
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins
- Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Red Lobster's Maryland Crab Cakes
- Papa John's Garlic Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Hardee's Peach Cobbler
- Chili's Grill & Bar's Southwest Chicken Chili
- Klee Brasserie Restaurant's Spaghetti Carbonara
- Perkins Family Restaurant's Potato Pancakes
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Barbacoa Burrito
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bang-Bang Chicken & Shrim...
- Aquavit's Black Sea Bass en Papillote
- Benihana's Fried Rice
- Hudson River Cafe's Skirt Steak with Chimichurri S...
- Thunder Jackson's Spinach and Garlicky Chicken
- Bombay Palace's Chicken Madras
- ▼ May (40)