4 zucchini (2- to 3-inch diameter)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined
(cut shrimp if they are larger than a quarter)
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Be sure to leave some by the ends to create a boat-like shape.
Saute onions in butter until clear, add tomatoes and simmer until soft.
In a mixing bowl combine tomato and onion mixture, shrimp, basil, salt and pepper and half of the bread crumbs. Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture. Place boats in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and clear.
Yields 8 servings.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Applebee's Tijuana "Philly" Steak Sandwich
- Olive Garden Tortelloni Bolognese
- Bahama Breeze Tostones with Chicken
- Bonefish Bang Bang Shrimp
- Red Lobster Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Daniel Restaurant New York's Short Ribs Braised in...
- Red Lobster Lemon Basil Snapper
- Nobu Restaurant's Black Cod With Miso
- Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
- PF Chang's Mongolian Beef
- Cheesecake Factory’s Avocado Eggrolls
- Spice Market's Black-Pepper Shrimp and "Sun-Dried"...
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Shrimp Dumplings
- Pizzeria Uno Classic Deep Dish Pizza
- Panera Bread Pudding with Apples, Pecans and Raisi...
- Panera Bread Five Onion Soup with Scallion and Gru...
- ▼ June (19)