1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 chicken breast fillets
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
peel from 1/4 orange, julienned (into 1/8-inch thick strips)
Prepare sauce by heating 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan
over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sliced green onions. Add tomato sauce and water quickly before the garlic burns. Add sugar,
chili garlic sauce and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 to 6
minutes or until sauce thickens, then turn off the heat.
Prepare the chicken by heating 1/2 cup oil in a wok over medium
heat. Slice chicken-breast fillets into bite-size pieces. Combine
beaten egg with milk in a medium bowl. Pour the flour into another
Coat chicken pieces by dropping them into the flour a few at a
time, then into the egg/milk mixture and back into the flour.
Arrange coated chicken on a plate until all chicken is coated.
When oil in the wok is hot, add about half of the chicken to the
oil and cook for a couple minutes or until brown on one side, then
flip the chicken over. When chicken is golden brown, remove the
pieces to a rack or paper towels to drain. Repeat with the
remaining chicken. When all of the chicken is cooked rinse the oil
out of the wok with water and place it back on the stove to heat up.
When wok is hot again add julienned orange peel and chicken. Heat
for 20 to 30 seconds or so, stirring gently. Add sauce to the pan
and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir dish a couple times but do it
gently so you don't knock the coating off the chicken. Cook until
the sauce thickens then serve up the dish with white or brown rice
on the side.
- PizzaVino's Caesar Salad with Crunchy Croutons
- Roxie's Chocolate Mint Meringue Cheesecake
- Red Lobster Lemon Basil Snapper
- Panera Bread Roasted Red Pepper Gremolata Spread
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese
- Capital Grille Prosciutto-Wrapped Mozzarella
- Clementine Bakery (LA) Butterscotch Brownies
- Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup
- Starbuck's Blueberry Scones
- Baskin Robbins B.R. Blast®
- Planet Hollywood Thai Shrimp Pasta & Sauce
- El Bulli Restaurant Pollo al Chilindrón
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes
- Red Robin Barbecue Chicken Salad
- P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken with Broccoli (Reduced...
- Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili
- Carabba's Italian Grill Mamma's Pomodoro Tomato Sa...
- P.F. Chang's Orange Peel Chicken
- Guacamole Open Club Sandwich
- Brother Oliver's Navy Bean Soup
- Weight Watchers Chili Parmesan Popcorn Recipe
- ▼ February (21)