Saturday, February 25, 2012
Starbuck's Blueberry Scones
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Large baking sheet with silpat or lined with parchment paper
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 Tbsp fine baker's sugar
1/2 cup ice cold butter
1/2 cup ice cold whipping cream
1 pint of fresh blueberries
For the topping:
1 egg beaten
1 Tbsp whipping cream
Wilton's Sugar - large crystals
Cut butter into cubes and refrigerate until ready to use.
Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with pastry blender until resembles coarse meal
In a smaller bowl whisk the egg, cream and vanilla - add to the dry mixture mixing with a fork, and stir until just combined - do not over mix!
Stir in fresh blueberries.
Pour the dough mix onto a lightly floured board and pat into a 7 inch 1 to 1 1/2 inch high disk. Cut into in half then quarters and then in eights as evenly as possible.
Place the scones on a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper - this ensures even browning on the bottom
Mix 1 egg with the 1 Tbsp of cream and brush the tops with the cream-egg mixture then sprinkle generously with the sugar crystals.
Bake at 375 degrees for 17 minutes and no longer. This will ensure a moister scone than normally expected.
- PizzaVino's Caesar Salad with Crunchy Croutons
- Roxie's Chocolate Mint Meringue Cheesecake
- Red Lobster Lemon Basil Snapper
- Panera Bread Roasted Red Pepper Gremolata Spread
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese
- Capital Grille Prosciutto-Wrapped Mozzarella
- Clementine Bakery (LA) Butterscotch Brownies
- Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup
- Starbuck's Blueberry Scones
- Baskin Robbins B.R. Blast®
- Planet Hollywood Thai Shrimp Pasta & Sauce
- El Bulli Restaurant Pollo al Chilindrón
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes
- Red Robin Barbecue Chicken Salad
- P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken with Broccoli (Reduced...
- Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili
- Carabba's Italian Grill Mamma's Pomodoro Tomato Sa...
- P.F. Chang's Orange Peel Chicken
- Guacamole Open Club Sandwich
- Brother Oliver's Navy Bean Soup
- Weight Watchers Chili Parmesan Popcorn Recipe
- ▼ February (21)