1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
1 cup onion, roughly chopped
1 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
1 cup rutabaga, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup butternut squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
1 cup carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
1 quart good chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add
the onion, apple, rutabaga, squash, carrots and sweet potato and cook,
stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 25
minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
3. Purée the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Strain
through a fine mesh strainer into the same pot you used to cook the
vegetables. Add the cream, maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper.
4. Return the pot to the stove, bring the soup to a simmer, and serve.
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Eleven Madison Park's Chocolate-Covered Banana-Crè...
- Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole
- IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes
- Hotel Condon Corn Bread
- Famous Dave's Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Ic...
- Le Bernardin Pan Roasted Codfish, Sautéed Baby Art...
- Apple Rutabaga Soup
- Curried Beef
- Veggie Hash Browns
- Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing
- California Pizza Kitchen Jambalaya Pasta with Chic...
- Per Se Leg of Lamb
- Eleven Madison Park's Strawberry Gazpacho
- Lemon Tilapia Fish with Organic Quinoa
- Little Dom's Fruit Focaccia
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Westside Tavern's Warm Sticky Toffee Cake
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Isla Tropicana Smoothie
- ▼ March (21)