1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup (4.25 ounces) flour
1 cup cornmeal, not stone-ground
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 small (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
1 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
3 tablespoons honey, or as desired (up to 1/3 cup)
Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs.
Whisk in the creamed corn, then the melted butter. Whisk in the sugar
until fully combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the large bowl until combined. Fold
in the diced chiles and cheese until combined.
Spoon the mixture into a greased 10-inch round cake pan (with 3-inch
walls) and smooth the top of the batter.
Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the
center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from
the oven and cool the bread for 15 minutes on a rack.
Invert the bread onto a platter and "frost" with the honey. Cool
completely, then cut and serve.
Makes 16 Servings
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Eleven Madison Park's Chocolate-Covered Banana-Crè...
- Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole
- IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes
- Hotel Condon Corn Bread
- Famous Dave's Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Ic...
- Le Bernardin Pan Roasted Codfish, Sautéed Baby Art...
- Apple Rutabaga Soup
- Curried Beef
- Veggie Hash Browns
- Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing
- California Pizza Kitchen Jambalaya Pasta with Chic...
- Per Se Leg of Lamb
- Eleven Madison Park's Strawberry Gazpacho
- Lemon Tilapia Fish with Organic Quinoa
- Little Dom's Fruit Focaccia
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Westside Tavern's Warm Sticky Toffee Cake
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Isla Tropicana Smoothie
- ▼ March (21)