1 cup whole plain yogurt
1 tablespoon smoked sweet Spanish paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 head garlic, peeled
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup packed mint leaves
1/4 cup kosher salt, plus more as needed
Freshly ground black pepper
1 8-to-10 pound leg of American lamb, boned and butterflied
1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2 -inch thick slices.
1. In a food processor, combine the yogurt, paprika, cumin,
coriander, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mint and 1/4 cup kosher salt.
Pulse until the mint and garlic are finely chopped.
2. Season the lamb on all sides with salt and black pepper. Lay the
lamb fat-side down, roll into a tight cylinder and tie with cooking
twine. Place in a container just large enough to hold it. Pour the
marinade over the lamb and massage it into the meat. Dip both sides of
the bread pieces into the marinade and place evenly over the meat. Cover
and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Transfer the lamb to a large
roasting pan, discard the bread and reserve the excess marinade. Baste
the lamb with the marinade. Cook in the oven until a meat thermometer
reads 130 degrees, for medium rare, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on
the thickness of the lamb. Baste with the marinade from time to time
during the first hour of cooking. Remove from oven, tent with foil and
let rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Serves 10 to 12.
- December (3)
- September (6)
- August (25)
- June (6)
- May (10)
- April (12)
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Eleven Madison Park's Chocolate-Covered Banana-Crè...
- Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole
- IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes
- Hotel Condon Corn Bread
- Famous Dave's Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Ic...
- Le Bernardin Pan Roasted Codfish, Sautéed Baby Art...
- Apple Rutabaga Soup
- Curried Beef
- Veggie Hash Browns
- Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing
- California Pizza Kitchen Jambalaya Pasta with Chic...
- Per Se Leg of Lamb
- Eleven Madison Park's Strawberry Gazpacho
- Lemon Tilapia Fish with Organic Quinoa
- Little Dom's Fruit Focaccia
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Westside Tavern's Warm Sticky Toffee Cake
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Isla Tropicana Smoothie
- February (21)