2 pounds rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced to one-half inch
1/2 cup onion, diced to one-quarter inch
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. flour, all purpose
1 can 14.5-ounce whole peeled tomatoes, roughly cut
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3-4 cups cooked rice
Rinse shrimp briefly and remove any large veins that are visible.
In a small sauce pan, melt 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
Mix in flour and stir until dissolved and mixture begins to thicken, then reduce heat.
Add tomatoes and their juice to the butter and flour mixture, stir well, and heat through.
The mixture will thicken. Hold warm.
In a large skillet, melt two tbsp. of butter, and over medium-high heat, cook bell
pepper, onion, celery, and garlic until soft, but with a little bit of a crunch.
Add shrimp and cook until no longer transparent (three minutes).
Add tomato mixture, bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for five minutes.
Serve over hot rice (white or wild mixture).
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Eleven Madison Park's Chocolate-Covered Banana-Crè...
- Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole
- IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes
- Hotel Condon Corn Bread
- Famous Dave's Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Ic...
- Le Bernardin Pan Roasted Codfish, Sautéed Baby Art...
- Apple Rutabaga Soup
- Curried Beef
- Veggie Hash Browns
- Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing
- California Pizza Kitchen Jambalaya Pasta with Chic...
- Per Se Leg of Lamb
- Eleven Madison Park's Strawberry Gazpacho
- Lemon Tilapia Fish with Organic Quinoa
- Little Dom's Fruit Focaccia
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Westside Tavern's Warm Sticky Toffee Cake
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Isla Tropicana Smoothie
- ▼ March (21)