Friday, August 24, 2012
Mortons The Steakhouse Peppercorn Sauce
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped shallots
2 Tablespoons cracked red, green, white and black peppercorns
1/2 cup Cognac
3 Tablespoons undiluted store-bought veal demi-glace
3/4 Cup heavy cream
In a sauté pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the shallots and peppercorns and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the shallots soften.
Add the Cognac, raise the heat to medium, and cook until the Cognac evaporates almost completely. Add 3/4 cup of water and the demi-glace. Bring to a boil, stirring until the demi-glace dissolves.
Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste with salt. Set aside to cool. When cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes about 2 cups
- Lucca Cafe's Brownies
- Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili
- Lunch's Green Apple Chicken Salad
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Lime Shrimp With Guaca...
- Lavo Milk Shake
- Lavo Fried Oreo Zeppole
- Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken
- Marinated Beef Kabobs
- Mortons The Steakhouse Peppercorn Sauce
- BLD's Fresh Vegetable Salad
- Ciopinot's 'No Work' Cioppino
- Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- Novo's Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Carrabba's Chicken Bryan
- Carpe Diem's Mexican Chocolate Pot de Crème
- LeBron James Blueberry Super-fruit Smoothie Recipe...
- Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe
- Marble Lane's Crackling Bobo Chicken
- Red Lobster Peppercorn Crusted Salmon With Wasabi ...
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Palomino's Tomato and Feta Relish
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread
- 5-Alarm Chili
- Milk (L.A) Molasses Cookies
- The Melting Pot Traditional Swiss Fondue
- ▼ August (25)