Saturday, August 18, 2012
Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread
8 Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
20 medium fresh basil leaves, stemmed and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
14 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
11 oz container of refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Dice tomatoes into small pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, 1/2 of chopped basil (about 1/4 cup), and 4 Tbsp olive oil.
Set aside and allow mixture to marinate for 10 minutes.
Flatten pizza dough into rectangle pan as indicated on package, reaching to pan edges.
Drizzle dough with olive oil and brush it over dough.
Bake dough at 350ºF for 10 minutes on center rack.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
Cut garlic clove in half and rub, cut side down, onto the surface of the bread. The slight warmth of the bread will help extract the garlic flavor.
Allow bread to cool completely, about 10 more minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450ºF.
Combine mayonnaise and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Evenly spread onto the bread's surface.
Top with shredded mozzarella to evenly cover surface.
Drain tomato mixture and spread evenly over the bread.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Return flatbread to oven for 5-7 more minutes or until golden, crisp and bubbly.
Garnish with remaining chopped basil and serve.
- Lucca Cafe's Brownies
- Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili
- Lunch's Green Apple Chicken Salad
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Lime Shrimp With Guaca...
- Lavo Milk Shake
- Lavo Fried Oreo Zeppole
- Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken
- Marinated Beef Kabobs
- Mortons The Steakhouse Peppercorn Sauce
- BLD's Fresh Vegetable Salad
- Ciopinot's 'No Work' Cioppino
- Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- Novo's Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Carrabba's Chicken Bryan
- Carpe Diem's Mexican Chocolate Pot de Crème
- LeBron James Blueberry Super-fruit Smoothie Recipe...
- Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe
- Marble Lane's Crackling Bobo Chicken
- Red Lobster Peppercorn Crusted Salmon With Wasabi ...
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Palomino's Tomato and Feta Relish
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread
- 5-Alarm Chili
- Milk (L.A) Molasses Cookies
- The Melting Pot Traditional Swiss Fondue
- ▼ August (25)