Wednesday, August 15, 2012
The Melting Pot Traditional Swiss Fondue
3 and 1/2 cups (14 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup white wine
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
1 oz. cherry-flavored liqueur (Kirschwasser recommended)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Dash of grated nutmeg
Toss the cheese with the flour in a bowl. Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with two inches of water. You may also use a conventional double boiler. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and pour the wine into the bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and garlic using a fork. Cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly.
Add half of the cheese, and stir constantly until the cheese is melted. Add the remaining cheese a small amount at a time stirring constantly. Pour the liqueur slowly around the edge of the bowl. Pull the cheese mixture away from the edge of the bowl and cook for about one minute or until the alcohol cooks off. Stir the liqueur into the cheese. Stir the pepper in gently. Pour into a warm fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Garnish with a dash of nutmeg.
- Lucca Cafe's Brownies
- Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili
- Lunch's Green Apple Chicken Salad
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Lime Shrimp With Guaca...
- Lavo Milk Shake
- Lavo Fried Oreo Zeppole
- Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken
- Marinated Beef Kabobs
- Mortons The Steakhouse Peppercorn Sauce
- BLD's Fresh Vegetable Salad
- Ciopinot's 'No Work' Cioppino
- Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- Novo's Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Carrabba's Chicken Bryan
- Carpe Diem's Mexican Chocolate Pot de Crème
- LeBron James Blueberry Super-fruit Smoothie Recipe...
- Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe
- Marble Lane's Crackling Bobo Chicken
- Red Lobster Peppercorn Crusted Salmon With Wasabi ...
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Palomino's Tomato and Feta Relish
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread
- 5-Alarm Chili
- Milk (L.A) Molasses Cookies
- The Melting Pot Traditional Swiss Fondue
- ▼ August (25)