Saturday, January 05, 2013
Opal Restaurant & Bar Grilled Fresh Mahi-Mahi with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
Jalapeño cilantro sauce:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 jalapeño, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 cups heavy cream
1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
Cracked sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
Tabasco or lemon juice, to taste
In a large, heavy-bottom saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the onions, jalapeño and garlic and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the white wine and cook until the wine reduces by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and cook over high heat until the liquid
reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. Blend the sauce using a stand or immersion blender, then strain. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, adjust the heat with Tabasco and brighten with a little lemon juice. This makes about 2 cups sauce. The sauce will keep, refrigerated, up to 2 days.
Grilled mahi-mahi and assembly:
6 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup Jalapeno cilantro sauce, more if desired
Brush each side of each mahi-mahi with olive oil and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Grill the fish over medium-high heat until firm and opaque on each side, 2 to 4 minutes (timing will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets). Plate the grilled fish, dividing the sauce among each serving. Serve immediately.
- Bar / Kitchen's Shrimp and Grits
- Golden Corral Asian Salad
- Beef Piroshki
- The Heron's Crispy Eggs with Cheesy Jalapeno Grits...
- Mustards Grill's Curried Slaw
- The Cheesecake Factory French Toast Napoleon
- La Sandia's Brisket
- French Bread Pizza
- Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom
- Opal Restaurant & Bar Grilled Fresh Mahi-Mahi with...
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room's Maryland-style Crab C...
- Lobster Newburg
- Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- Shrimp & Shiitake Mushroom Fried Rice
- Baskin Robbins Brownie a la Mode Ice Cream Dessert...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2012 (104)