Monday, March 17, 2014
Burger King French Fries
Oil, for frying
Salt, to taste
Start with cleaned and peeled russet potatoes that you have cut into 3/8-inch "match sticks."
Place in bowl of very cold water: keep rinsing and changing the water until the water is clear; drain thoroughly and dry with paper towels or a clean lint-free kitchen towel.
Meanwhile, you preheat your hot oil to 350 degrees F.
Place prepared taters in oil and cook about 5 minutes. They will have that blond-tone color to them.
Note: Once you add cold potatoes to the hot oil, the temperature of your oil is going to drop - you want it to be somewhere between 330 - 325 degrees F.
Remove from oil; drain and cool.
Now - either refrigerate until ready to finish cooking, or cool completely and freeze up to 3 months. To freeze properly - place completely cooled fries in single layer on tray and place in freezer until frozen. Then bag them.
To finish cooking - preheat your oil to 400* F. Add your cold fries (which will drop the oil temp - which is fine because you want it near the 375 degrees F. temp) and cook a few minutes until done.
Lightly salt them and shake well so that the salt distributes well and they are not salty.
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)