2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups grated Gruyere cheese
3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/8-inch), divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups drained marinated artichoke hearts
1 quart heavy cream, divided
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15-by-11-inch baking dish with butter.
In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses.
Line the bottom of the baking dish with one-half of the sliced potatoes, overlapping the slices and forming rows to make a single layer.
Season the potatoes with three-fourths teaspoon salt and one-half teaspoon pepper, or to taste. Sprinkle over the garlic.
Add the artichoke hearts, arranging them in a single layer over the potatoes. Scatter one-third of the grated cheese mixture over the artichokes, then drizzle over one-half of the heavy cream.
Arrange the remaining potatoes in a single, overlapping layer over the cheese. Season with one-half teaspoon salt and one-fourth teaspoon pepper. Drizzle over the remaining cream, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
Butter the underside of a piece of foil to keep the cheese from sticking, then cover the baking dish. Bake the gratin until the potatoes are softened and almost completely cooked, 45 minutes to an hour (a knife should easily pierce the potatoes). Uncover the gratin and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly on a rack before serving.
Serves: 12-16 person
Source: LA Times
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)