4 large, firm portobello mushroom caps, stems & gills removed
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
12-16 small, fresh mozzarella balls
1/4 cup pimento strips or sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1/4 cup sliced black olives
4 Tbsp pesto sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Remove any dirt from mushroom caps with a damp towel and place in a shallow plate, tops down.
Pour oil and balsamic vinegar over caps and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Bake caps in oven at for 8-10 minutes, tops up (if there is any excess moisture, it will drain out of the mushroom when baking instead of pooling inside, causing the mushroom to become soggy).
Cut mozzarella balls in half and place in a bowl. Add pimento or sun-dried tomato, olives, pesto, salt and pepper and stir.
Hint: For increased mushroom flavor, finely chop and sauté mushroom stems in olive oil and add to filling mixture.
Fill each cap with the mixture and drizzle with marinade. Bake caps for 8-10 minutes more, or until most of the cheese is melted.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Serves: 4 person
Source: Olive Garden
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)