Sunday, June 01, 2008
vegetable oil (in fryer)
1 cup water
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup tempura mix
(or 1/3 cup flour for a total of 1 cup if tempura mix is unavailable)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Accent® (MSG)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 chicken breast filets
4 sesame seed hamburger buns
1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
McDonald's McChicken® sauce
1. Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl. Stir.
2. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, Accent®, onion powder and garlic powder in a one gallon size zip lock bag.
3. Pound each of the breast filets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast filet until it is round.
4. Coat each filet with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag.
5. Remove and dredge each filet in the egg mixture, coating well. Then return each filet to the flour/seasoning mixture. Shake to coat. Put filets, bag and all, in the freezer for at least an hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture.
6. After freezing, repeat the "coating" process.
7. Deep fry the chicken filets at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and crispy.
8. As the chicken is frying, toast the buns using the standard method described in cooking regular hamburgers.
9. On the crown side of the bun, apply 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture, followed by 1/4 cup chopped iceberg lettuce. Then top with the cooked chicken patty, and the heel of the bun.
10. Wrap tightly in a 12x16 piece of waxed paper, and let stand 6-8 minutes.
11. Microwave on high, individually, for 15 seconds and serve.
- ► 2012 (104)
- McDonald's Quarter Pounder®
- McDonald's Milkshake
- McDonald's McD.L.T.®
- McDonald's Fajita Seasoning
- McDonald's Chicken Fajitas
- McDonald's Breakfast Burritos
- McDonald's Big X-Tra®
- McDonald's McChicken® Sauce
- McDonald's McChicken®
- McDonald's Hamburger Seasoning
- McDonald's Hamburger
- McDonald's French Fries
- McDonald's Filet-O-Fish®
- McDonald's Egg McMuffin®
- McDonald's Double Cheeseburger®
- McDonald's Cheeseburger®
- McDonald's Big Mac™ Special Sauce
- McDonald's Big Mac™
- McDonald's Arch Deluxe®
- ▼ June (19)