Honey Mustard Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup self-rising flour
6 to 10 cups shortening or vegetable oil (amount required by fryer)
10 chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup flour
- Make honey mustard sauce by combining ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk for about 30 seconds to dissolve salt. Whisk in 1 cup self-rising flour. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- When you are ready to fry the chicken, coat each piece with dry flour (1/2 cup in a medium bowl), then dunk the chicken into the batter. Let a little batter drip off the chicken and lower it into the hot oil and fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until it's golden brown.
- Depending on the size of your fryer, you should be able to fry 3 or 4 tenderloins at a time.
- Drain fried chicken strips on a rack or paper towels for a minute or so, and serve with the honey mustard dressing on the side for dipping.