2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup minced onion
3/4 cup grated and minced carrot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound uncooked hot Italian sausage
2 ounces diced ham (about 1/2 cup, cut from a ham steak)
7 cups water
5 cups chicken broth
1 pound dry lentils
1 medium tomato, diced
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1. Heat up olive oil in a Dutch oven or large sauce pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic. Remove sausage from casing, and add it to the pan. Saute for 8 minutes, stirring often. Break up the sausage into bite-size bits as it cooks. Add ham, and cook for an additional minute.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Serve 1 cup for a "cup" portion, or serve 2 cups for a "bowl" serving.
Makes 12 to 13 cups.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Applebee's Tijuana "Philly" Steak Sandwich
- Olive Garden Tortelloni Bolognese
- Bahama Breeze Tostones with Chicken
- Bonefish Bang Bang Shrimp
- Red Lobster Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Daniel Restaurant New York's Short Ribs Braised in...
- Red Lobster Lemon Basil Snapper
- Nobu Restaurant's Black Cod With Miso
- Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
- PF Chang's Mongolian Beef
- Cheesecake Factory’s Avocado Eggrolls
- Spice Market's Black-Pepper Shrimp and "Sun-Dried"...
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Shrimp Dumplings
- Pizzeria Uno Classic Deep Dish Pizza
- Panera Bread Pudding with Apples, Pecans and Raisi...
- Panera Bread Five Onion Soup with Scallion and Gru...
- ▼ June (19)