1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
8 scallions, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
1 1/2 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed, squeezed, and chopped
1/2 cup sweet soy (kicap manis)
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 3/4 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
24 large shrimp, deveined, tails left on
1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup pea shoots, chopped (watercress can be substituted)
1 cup jícama, cut into 1/2-inch dice
Heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet, add the garlic, ginger, and scallion, and saute until golden. Add the pepper, and cook until it becomes fragrant, then add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a blender, and puree until the sauce becomes medium smooth.
Heat one side of the grill to medium. Cook pineapple on the cool part of the grill until it is lightly caramelized.
Remove, and assemble the skewers, alternating 2 pieces of shrimp and 3 of pineapple. Place over the coals, and grill until the shrimp start to turn pink. Brush both sides of the skewers liberally with the black-pepper sauce, and return to the grill to finish cooking. Toss the pea shoots and jícama together, and serve
with the shrimp skewers.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Applebee's Tijuana "Philly" Steak Sandwich
- Olive Garden Tortelloni Bolognese
- Bahama Breeze Tostones with Chicken
- Bonefish Bang Bang Shrimp
- Red Lobster Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Daniel Restaurant New York's Short Ribs Braised in...
- Red Lobster Lemon Basil Snapper
- Nobu Restaurant's Black Cod With Miso
- Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
- PF Chang's Mongolian Beef
- Cheesecake Factory’s Avocado Eggrolls
- Spice Market's Black-Pepper Shrimp and "Sun-Dried"...
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Shrimp Dumplings
- Pizzeria Uno Classic Deep Dish Pizza
- Panera Bread Pudding with Apples, Pecans and Raisi...
- Panera Bread Five Onion Soup with Scallion and Gru...
- ▼ June (19)