1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups pecan halves
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Generously grease a large baking sheet.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, white sugar
and milk. Bring to a boil.
Stir in butter, pecans and vanilla. Heat, without stirring, to
between 234 degrees F and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a
small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that
flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
Beat until thickened, then pour immediately onto prepared surface
and let rest until firm and completely cool before cutting.
Yields 20 pralines.
- Caramel Dream Bars
- Carmine's Eggplant Parmigiana
- Panera Bread Grilled Steak Salad with Giant Crouto...
- Olive Garden Cream of Tomato and Basil Soup
- Pecan Pralines
- Dave & Buster's Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Morrison's Rogue River Lodge Orange Dinner Rolls
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Pesto Sauce
- Cashew Chicken Chop Suey
- Old Firehouse Restaurant's Hollywood Shrimp
- Qdoba Mexican Grill Mango Salsa
- ▼ April (12)