2 tablespoons butter
3 lbs rump roast, trimmed
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
2 cups beef broth
20 whole peppercorns
1 whole bay leaf
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in Dutch oven; add roast and brown on all sides; remove to platter. Add celery, onion, garlic, parsley and thyme to Dutch oven; saute 5 minutes; return roast to Dutch oven.
3. Add broth, peppercorns, bay leaf and salt; cover; place in preheated oven. Cook roast 4 hours; baste every 30 minutes.
4. When done, remove roast and strain stock into bowl; discard vegetables. Using two forks, shred meat into bite-sized pieces and return to Dutch oven. Pour strained broth over shredded beef; add carrots, potatoes and salt. Return to oven and cook for 45 additional minutes.
5. Drain and measure stock from Dutch oven. Add enough beef broth to measure 3 cups and place in saucepan. Whisk in flour; simmer until thick. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- ► 2012 (104)
- Moosewood Restaurant Sweet Potato and Black Bean B...
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread
- Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- Houston's Grilled Chicken Salad
- Starbuck's Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
- Golden Corral Rolls
- Chi-Chi's Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Panera Bread's French Bread Margherita Pizza
- Nobu's Green Tea Tiramisu
- Melting Pot's Green Goddess Dip
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Bahama Breeze Chicken Santiago
- McDonald's Yogurt Parfait
- Wendy's Chili
- Red Lobster's Spicy Pineapple Glazed Salmon
- Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Chili's Chicken Crispers
- Outback Steakhouse Marinade
- Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake
- Bennigan's Smothered Chicken
- Shoney's Slow-Cooked Pot Roast
- T.G.I. Friday Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Orange Peel Chicken
- Panda Express's Orange Flavored Chicken
- TGI Friday's Baked Potato Skins
- Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Red Lobster's Maryland Crab Cakes
- Papa John's Garlic Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Hardee's Peach Cobbler
- Chili's Grill & Bar's Southwest Chicken Chili
- Klee Brasserie Restaurant's Spaghetti Carbonara
- Perkins Family Restaurant's Potato Pancakes
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Barbacoa Burrito
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bang-Bang Chicken & Shrim...
- Aquavit's Black Sea Bass en Papillote
- Benihana's Fried Rice
- Hudson River Cafe's Skirt Steak with Chimichurri S...
- Thunder Jackson's Spinach and Garlicky Chicken
- Bombay Palace's Chicken Madras
- ▼ May (40)