For the grilled Eggplant:
2 large Japanese eggplants
1 to 2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the sautéed White Mushrooms:
8 ounces White mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Pizza:
1 bunch baby broccoli (broccolini)
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch ground black pepper
1/2 small, thinly sliced red onion
4 halves or 4 tablespoons julienne strips of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 pound traditional or honey-wheat pizza dough
6 tablespoons marinara/pizza sauce
2 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
2 eggplants, cut per the recipe
1/2 cup sautéed White Mushrooms
2 ounces Goat cheese (Chevre; optional)
To make the grilled eggplant:
Cut the stem ends off the eggplant, then cut the vegetables lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Lay the slices on a cookies sheet and brush lightly-but thoroughly-with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn the slices and repeat.
Heat a charcoal or gas grill.
Grill for about 2 minutes on each side, or until well marked and quite tender (you may not need to leave them for the full 2 minutes on the second side). Use tongs or a grilling spatula to remove the vegetables to a large platter or cookie sheet.
To make the white mushrooms:
Wash, dry and trim the mushrooms. Slice them 1/4 inch thick.
Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the mushrooms and toss to coat them with oil.
Lower the heat slightly and cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid has evaporated and the edges begin to brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and sprinkle the mushrooms evenly with salt and pepper.
Use immediately, or cool and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To make the pizza:
Place a seasoned (or oiled) pizza stone in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 30 minutes.
Cut away the bottom of each broccoli stem at an angle. Starting from that point, cut the stems into 1 1/2 -inch pieces, always maintaining the same angle, stopping 2-3 inches from the tops.
Blanch the broccolini in rapidly boiling water for about 1 minute. Using a wire skimmer, remove the broccolini and immediately plunge it into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color. Once the broccolini is cool, drain and pat dry.
Heat a small, heavy frying pan over high heat. Place the corn kernels in the pan and roast them, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Separate the rings of the onion. Drain the tomatoes well and cut halves into julienne strips.
Roll and shape the dough into one 13-inch or two 9-inch circles and place on a floured pizza peel. If you are more comfortable working with one piece of dough at a time, you can shape and dress the second piece while the first is in the oven. If making 2 pizzas, split all the toppings in half.
Spread the sauce to within 1 inch of the outer edge of the dough. Reserve 1/3 cup of the mozzarella and distribute the rest over the sauce, reserving a small amount, to within 1/2 inch of the outer edge of the dough. Spread the eggplant over the cheese, followed by the mushrooms, onion rings, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle the corn over the other vegetables and top with the broccoli.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the pizza. If using goat cheese, break it into small pieces and distribute over the pizza.
Transfer the pizza to the oven to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese at the center is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.
Makes one 13-inch Pizza or two 9-inch Pizzas
Source: KTTV 11, Colorado Springs, CO
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)