Monday, March 03, 2014
TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
1 stick unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 (4 ounce) bars Ghiradelli baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 (4 ounce) bars Ghiradelli baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 pint vanilla ice cream
Make the brownies first:
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
2. Combine the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until they melt. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Remove the bowl from the pan. Let cool slightly.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in the chopped nuts if you are using them.
5. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been coated with butter or cooking spray and lightly floured. Bake the brownies in the hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly sticky.
6. Cool the pan on a wire rack, then cut into 6 or 8 individual brownies.
For the chocolate sauce:
1. Combine the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until they melt. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
2. Whisk in the whipping cream and stir until the mixture is well combined. Remove the bowl from the pan and keep the sauce warm.
For the caramel sauce:
1. Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter melts and is blended with the sugar.
2. Whisk in the whipping cream and bring the pan to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Let the caramel sauce cool before using.
Assemble the brownies.
1. Place each brownie in a shallow bowl. Spoon the chocolate sauce over each one.
2. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the chocolate sauce.
3. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the ice cream.
Serves: 6 to 8 person
Tips: Garnish with more chopped nuts on top of the brownies before serving for extra crunch.
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)