1 whole chicken breast cut into two-inch cubes
2 tablespoons blended olive oil
2 cups water
1 cup blanched jasmine rice
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1 cup heavy cream
chives, for garnish
Tikka tomato sauce:
8 oz. fresh squeezed tomatoes
2 tablespoons masala marinade
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon tumeric
3 tablespoons corriander
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 cup water
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Prepare the Tikka tomato sauce by mixing together the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons marinade and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
Add the cut up chicken to the remaining marinade and refrigerate for one to two days.
Preheat pan on high heat, then add 2 tablespoons of blended olive oil.
Take another pan and add 2 cups of water and 1 cup blanched jasmine rice to the pan on low heat, stirring contents of the pan until blended.
Place the marinated chicken cubes into the hot pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sear chicken for a minute or two on each side.
As the chicken cooks, stir the rice to make sure that it doesn't stick to the pan.
Add 1 cup of heavy cream to the chicken, continuously flipping the chicken as it cooks in the cream on high heat for a minute or two, then drop the heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste as the chicken simmers.
Add tikka tomato sauce to the chicken.
Mix the tikka tomato sauce with the chicken until the sauce turns orange, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Add a pat of butter and a pinch of salt and pepper to the rice in the other pan.
Lay the rice flat on the pan until the rest of the water evaporates, lowering the heat to almost nothing.
Thin out the chicken sauce with an ounce of water, then add 3 pats of butter to the sauce, slowly emulsifying the butter into the sauce while rotating the chicken.
Scoop the rice into a bowl and lay the chicken on top of the rice, pouring excess sauce over the chicken.
Garnish with a pinch of finely cut chives.
Makes 1 serving
Source: FIOS1 Restaurant Hunter
- Domino's Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza
- Cherry Cheesecake
- P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Tag Pic Pac
- Stuffed Shells
- Slow Oven Beef Stew
- Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
- Cayenne Café's Citrus Tiramisu
- Red Lobster Country-Fried Flounder
- The Savoy Hotel's Cornish scones
- Starbucks Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- Nopa's Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
- The Good Life Chicken Tikka Masala
- Smitty's Steak Chili and Skillet Corn Bread
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Low Fat Chocolate Cake
- Cracker Barrel Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Imperial's Sticky Toffee Gingerbread
- Market Garden Brewery's Sweet Potato Pie
- Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
- Rib City Grill's Pecan Pie
- The Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Hog's Breath Inn's Artichoke Soup
- Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Raisin and Walnut Quick Bread
- Old Spaghetti Factory Garlic Mizithra
- Palazzio's Macaroni and Cheese
- Jeremy's on the Hill Artichoke and Potato Au Grati...
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Macaroni Grill Chicken Cannelloni
- Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Domino's Cheesy Bread
- Red Lobster Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
- Magnolias Southern Pimiento Cheese Appetizer
- Burger King French Fries
- McDonald's Shamrock Shake
- Blackberry Swirl Coffeecake Recipe
- Panera Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Coral Tree Café's Vegetable Soup
- LongHorn Steakhouse Grilled Whole Herb Rubbed Beef...
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
- House of Bread's Berry Bars
- Napa Valley Grille's Chopped Kale Salad
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Café Roka's Artichoke and Portobello Mushroom Lasa...
- Kuleto's Minestrone Soup
- California Pizza Kitchen Vegetarian Pizza with Egg...
- Savory Slow-Roasted Baked Chicken
- Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club
- Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steaks with Shallot-Gorgonzola B...
- Panera Bread's Cool Avocado Soup
- Chaya's Chopped Salad
- Applebee's Triple-Chocolate Meltdown
- Cole's Bacon Potato Salad
- BBQ Meatball
- Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Lucques' Grilled Cheese With Shallots
- (Easy) Fried Rice
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- T.G.I. Friday's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese
- T.G.I. Fridays Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession
- Sesame Chicken Wings
- Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon
- Harold And Belle Restaurant Jambalaya
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2012 (104)